Valentine’s Day is coming up soon and there are many ways to celebrate this holiday. Whether you are in a relationship or not, there are many ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Showing your family, friends, and community that you care is a wonderful way to spread kindness and positivity this season. We’ve put together a few of our favorite ways to celebrate this holiday!
- Make Cards for your Siblings and Parents: Valentine’s isn’t just about showing your significant other that you love them. It is also a great time to remind your family how much they are loved. Making Valentine’s day cards for your parents, siblings, grandparents, etc. is a great way to remind them how much you care about them.
- Donate Winter Clothes and Accessories to a Homeless Shelter: Another way to spread kindness around your community is donate winter coats, scarves, and gloves to a local homeless shelter.
- Make Cards for your Classmates: This is a popular tradition, but is fun for everyone. Let your kids pick their favorite Valentine theme, and have them fill them out for everyone in their class. Don’t forget the teachers!
- Donate Treats to a Local Animal Shelter: If you’re an animal lover, like us, it is a great idea to purchase treats or animal food and donate it to a local animal shelter.
- Leave a Treat for your Delivery Workers: Delivery works work hard all year long, but in the winter months, their job is even more difficult. Leave a sweet treat or a small gift card out for them to pick up to show them how much you appreciate their hard work.
Share your favorite Valentine’s Day celebrations and traditions with us by commenting below! Happy Valentine’s Day from Hawkeye!