Home Theater and Custom Media Rooms Louisville
Planning to renovate your home and add a Home Theater or Media Room? Hawkeye Security and Electronics can custom design and install a home entertainment system to meet your needs and your budget. Whether your space is smaller and lends itself towards the installation of a flat panel TV and a pair of speakers or sound bar, or if you want the full theater experience with all of the bells and whistles we’ve got you covered. Some of the brands we install include Integra Audio-Video Receivers (AVRs) and BluRay players with 4K and streaming capabilities, Epson projectors, Draper screens, Auralex acoustic panels, and speakers from Speaker Craft, Origin Acoustics, Niles, KEF, and Proficient. We can also integrate all of your components into the Elan Total Home Control system or a Universal ProControl remote control, allowing you to turn on your system with one touch of a button.
Dolby Atmos for the home brings the ultimate cinema sound experience to your home theater to create powerful, moving audio that flows around you in three-dimensional space.
We are dedicated to providing you the best value in custom surround sound systems for your Louisville home theater or media room. In our continuing efforts to provide the highest level of installation expertise, our installers are trained by CEDIA, the Custom Electronics Design and Installation Association. In fact, we have the only Louisville area CEDIA Certified System Designer on staff.
When working with Hawkeye Security and Electronics’ CEDIA Certified Designers you will be asked the following questions so that we can make your dream a reality:
- Where will components be installed? Often, “out of sight” makes for the cleanest appearance, leaving your screen to star by itself without competing electronics
- Where will the speakers be installed? Proper speaker placement is critical to having the enveloping sound stage that is desired. Overall cosmetics are always a consideration as well so that the finished room is visually appealing as much as audibly.
- Where will everyone be sitting? Great seating can make or break a media room. The key is making sure everyone has an equally good view of the screen. Custom home theater seats or even a sectional often accomplish this while providing ample space. Electronic recliners and wedge-shaped sectionals mean every seat is the best seat in the house. Many recliners require ‘zero wall clearance,’ meaning they recline forward into the room, instead of back against the wall, which makes them a perfect choice in a tight space.
- What about acoustics? 80% of the sound in most rooms is reflected sound. Only 20% comes from the speakers themselves. Controlling these reflected sounds can be critical for proper sound and voice intelligibility. Consider all the hard and soft surfaces you want in your media room and how they will affect the quality of the sound. A well-designed acoustic panel treatment like the Auralex will provide additional sound control, as well as carpeting and furniture will also help absorb reflected sounds.
- How will the system be controlled? Last, but certainly not least, we design systems that are easy to use with remotes or app-based controls that are intuitive and activate the system with a single icon press.
If you want to design a home theater system or media room, come visit our showroom at 400 E. Tenth Street in Jeffersonville, IN to see what Hawkeye Security and Electronics has to offer.