Here at Hawkeye we are all about safety and security. Halloween is coming up soon and there’s no better time than now to share with you some Halloween safety tips.
Kids look forward to Halloween for many reasons. Dressing up as their favorite character and getting lots of their favorite candy, Halloween is a fun time for everyone involved. There are many important tips to remember before heading out, while collecting candy and afterwards when you’ve gotten home.
- Children should always go out trick or treating accompanied by an adult.
- Some towns set a curfew for trick or treating which makes it easier for everyone to know who’s coming to their door. Make sure and stick to the curfew times and stick to subdivisions and areas with a lot of homes so your kids can get in as much trick or treating as possible in a few hours time.
- Older kids will probably want to adventure with their friends. Plan a safe route so parents know where their older kids will be at all times.
- Let your children know not to cut through back alleys and fields if they are out alone. Make sure they know to stay in populated areas and not to go off the beaten track.
- Instruct your children not to eat any treats until they bring them home to be examined by you. This way you can check for any problem candy and get the pick of the best stuff!
- Instruct your child to never go into the home of a stranger or get into their car. Explain why this is not a god idea and what to do if someone approaches them and tries to talk to them.
- Make sure your child carries a flashlight, glow stick or has reflective tape on their costume to make them more visible to cars.
- Let them know that they should stay together as a group if going out to Trick or Treat without an adult.
So on this Halloween Monday, remember to take safety precautions like we do here at Hawkeye Security 🙂