The fall season has begun and there are so many things to enjoy in Louisville during this time of the year. We’ve come up with a list of the top 5 things to do and see in Louisville during this fall season. Let us know which ones are your favorite!
- Visit Fall Festivals & Shows: There are so many great fall festivals, art shows, and events going on in Louisville during this time of the year. Whether you’re into checking out some fantastic artists, or finding family-fun, there are so many options to choose from this season. Some of our favorites to check out include the Belknap Fall Festival(Oct. 13-14), Nulu Fest(Sep. 30), and the St. James Court Art Show(Oct. 6-8).
- Day trip to Huber’s to Pick Pumpkins: A fall in Kentucky would not be complete without a day trip to Huber’s Orchard and Winery in Southern Indiana. Pick pumpkins, go through the corn maze, and eat a delicious meal at this fall favorite.
- Go to the Zoo: Fall is a great time to visit the Louisville zoo. Not only do they host a family-friendly trick-or-treat every year, but the weather is so nice that you’re more likely to see the animals enjoying themselves in the cooler weather.
- Attend a Sporting Event: The weather is crisp and cool during the fall, so why not enjoy the outdoors at a Louisville sporting event. Cheer on the UL football team, or check out a Louisville City soccer game to show your pride for the city. The Cards have a number of home games left, and Louisville City doesn’t have their last game until October 14th, so there’s still plenty of time to enjoy one of these awesome teams.
- Check out the Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular: If you haven’t been to this event yet, put it on your list for this year. The Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular is an amazing 1/4-mile walking trail in Iroquois Park that is lined with over 5,000 beautifully and intricately carved pumpkins that are illuminated at night. The show runs from October 12-November 5 this year, and tickets can be bought online.